1 cup self raising flour
1 cup plain flour
11/4 cups firmly packed CSR Brown Sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
125g cold butter, chopped
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
3/4 cup milk
1 tablespoon CSR Golden Syrup
1/2 cup shelled pistachios
1 cup dates, choppedMethod
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC conventional or 160º C fan forced. Grease and line a 20cm x 30cm lamington pan.
2. In a food processor combine flours, CSR Brown Sugar, spices and butter and process until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Transfer mixture to a bowl.
3. Press 1 1/2 cups of flour mixture evenly over the base of lamington pan.
4. Whisk together egg, soda, milk and CSR Golden Syrup; add to remaining flour mixture. Pour mixture over base and top evenly with pistachios and dates.
5. Bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan 10 minutes then turn onto wire rack. Cut into even sized pieces.
Store in airtight container. Can be enjoyed for a couple of days after making.
CSR Sugar's range of sweet Easter celebration recipes are available on their website.
Hop to www.csrsugar.com.au
, click on the 'Cuisine Library' link, sign up to become a member and have access to download a selection of scrumptious celebration recipes.