We speak to hot new music artist Mandi Leigh!Questions:
60 Second Quiz
- How did it feel to hear your song played all over the airwaves?
I have yet to have a single on the radio. But soon!
- Did you have any pre-conceived ideas about the music industry?
Growing up I saw my mother working in the entertainment industry. I could see it wasn't easy. However, I also knew there was nothing I wanted more than to be a part of it.
- Do you write your own songs? What's your inspiration?
I have a song on the album that I did co-write.. and I always continue to write. My inspirations are my day to day situations. Things I am going through, relationships.
- What music/artists do you listen to when you are not playing your own?
I'm very diverse in what I listen to. The artists in my CD player right now are Jennifer Lopez, Craig David and Frank Sinatra.
- What's next? Tour/Album/Single?
I have a single currently, titled "Devil In Me" which we wrapped the music video for it , back in March. The album is currently being recorded, and talks of a tour are in the works, but no set dates as of now.
- Was there a moment you contemplated throwing in the towel?
There are always times when its hard. As with anything in life. I heard something yesterday that I believe. Dreams come true.. not free. Those are the moments when you just strive to do better and work harder. And always remember, never give up.
- Do you prefer performing live or recording?
There are certain aspects I enjoy about each. Performing, you feed off of other peoples energy, and you get a certain rush that you don't get anywhere offstage. And with a full show, and working with my dancers.. it's exciting. I also love recording, because I can be in my own space and just belt out everything I am feeling.
- What/who was your inspiration to go into the music industry?
My parents were always very supportive of my talent, and have always inspired me. Musically it was people like Whitney Houston, Mariah, and Jennifer Lopez.
- What is the biggest challenge you have faced along the way to your musical success?
People who are unsupportive, or people who don't understand why I am doing what I am doing. You just have to be strong, and move past that.
- What's a typical day like?
My days vary right now. It will usually involve alot of rehearsing vocally and with my dancers, possibly an interview or a shoot, and meetings with my management team to plan for this summer.
- What has been your favorite part of becoming a music artist?
Being able to perform live. Do what I love to do.
- If you could collaborate with another artist, who would it be?
There are so many artists I would be honored to collaborate with, if I had to choose one, I would say Craig David. He is so amazingly talented.
- Are you single? What do you look for in a partner?
Currently yes I am single. I am in a heavy, committed relationship with my career right now. haha. But in a partner I look for someone who can be understanding of what I am doing, someone who can be my best friend, and someone whom I can trust.
- Do you have a website fans can visit?
- Can you tell us 5 things required for a happy healthy & enjoyable life?
- Live your life to make you happy.
- Love like you've never been hurt.
- Never give up on your dreams.
- Take care of your body.
- And of course, have fun!
- What message would you like to say to your fans?
That you for all of your support, and remember dream big and never give up!
- Full Name: Amanda Leigh
- Nickname(s): Miss Mandi, Diva
- Star Sign: Gemini
- Favorite Food: Pasta
- Favorite Film: Pretty Woman
- Favorite Actor: Hugh Jackman< BR>Pet: Calico Kitten named Belle. Boxer named Baby Girl.
- Describe yourself in 3 words: Blessed, Driven, Compassionate.
- Best Feature: Eyes
- Worst Feature: Height. I want to be taller! :)
- Person You Would Most Like to Meet: Jennifer Lopez
- Hobbies/Interests: Music, the spa, shopping and spending time with my
- best friends.
- First Job: Sales girl at Contempo Casuals
- Are you a Pub, Bar or Club kind: Club. I love to dance!
- What Can You Never Leave Home Without: Money & Lip gloss.
- What is the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning: I
- just pray that my day be blessed.