We speak to hot new music artist Martha Redbone!Questions:
60 Second Quiz
- How did it feel to hear your song played all over the airwaves?
The biggest buzz in the world!
- Did you have any pre-conceived ideas about the music industry?
Not really, I always knew it was a tough industry with no guarantees.
- Do you write your own songs? What's your inspiration?
Yes I write my own songs, and my inspiration comes from life.
- What music/artists do you listen to when you are not playing your own?
I listen to all artists, I like to hear what other people are into and what turns them on.
- What's next? Tour/Album/Single?
All of the above.
- Was there a moment you contemplated throwing in the towel?
Nothing else gives me more pleasure than making music, and singing to people.
- Do you prefer performing live or recording?
Both have equal benefits for me, they are so different from each other. Can't really compare.
- What/who was your inspiration to go into the music industry?
- What is the biggest challenge you have faced along the way to your musical success?
Maintaining musical integrity in the face of all the cheesy gimmicks that other female artists will do to get famous.
- What's a typical day like?
Absolutely non-stop! Phone calls, meetings, interviews, sessions, shows...it doesn't stop.
- What has been your favorite part of becoming a music artist?
Performing with the fellaz in my band, they are crazy, I love them.
- If you could collaborate with another artist, who would it be?
Prince, Sly Stone, Steve Tyler.
- Are you single? What do you look for in a partner?
I live for freedom and space. Anyone who understands that can be my partner.
- Do you have a website fans can visit?
- Can you tell us 5 things required for a happy healthy & enjoyable life?
Health, quiet time, good friends, honesty, and faith.
- What message would you like to say to your fans?
Follow your heart , believe and live your wildest dreams.
- Full Name: Martha Redbone
- Nickname(s): Red
- Star Sign: Aquarius
- Favorite Food: anything Italian
- Favorite Film: Life is Beautiful
- Favorite Actor: Meryl Streep
- Pet: Dog
- Describe yourself in 3 words: Brave, Strong, Free
- Best Feature: Generosity
- Worst Feature: Generosity
- Person You Would Most Like to Meet: Dalai Lama
- Hobbies/Interests: painting, drawing, reading
- First Job: Illustrator for Children's clothing
- Are you a Pub, Bar or Club kind: sometimes, I don't drink
- What Can You Never Leave Home Without: my toothbrush!
- What is the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning: Where's my Tea?