OneLove (Neon Lights)OneLove (Neon Lights) is mixed by Thomas Gold (Midnight Disc), TV ROCK (3am Disc) and Nick Foley & Generik (Backroom Disc).
Released 9th August 2008 under Sony BMGs label onelove.
So, you think you know onelove? Well, think again. onelove (Neon Nights) is somewhere between standing beneath the neon lights of Times Square NYC, Piccadilly Circus London, and standing above the Coca Cola sign in Kings Cross, Sydney. All done whilst dancing like an 18 year old on Champs Elysees Paris and partying in the original home of onelove: The Prince Bandroom in Melbourne, overlooking the Neon city lights of the sky scrapers: Rialto & Eureka Tower.
Bright lights, big city guy Thomas Gold is Munichs maestro of upfront electro-house. For years hes been responsible for shifting and creating trends on the international club circuit as both DJ and producer. Golds productions have graced every major dance label in the world, from: CR2 Records (UK), Ministry of Sound (UK), Positiva (UK), Cyber (France), his very own imprint S2G Productions and many more. Not to mention a HOT remix of the classic Silence by Delirium, exciting clubbers the world over. He even remixed our very own Kaz James current club hit: Breathe. On his disc youll find the Ibiza stormer Baditude by dance super group Spoon, Harris and Obernik and No Stress by French maestro, Laurent Wolf.
Who partys in Ibiza every year, and waves the flag for the Melbourne Mafia like no other? Welcome TV Rock (Grant Smillie & Ivan Gough). It's been way too long since these boys put down a CD for onelove, in fact we've never had both of them on one CD. Back with a new stormer, Been A Long Time, it's true, they are back with a vengeance. Having remixed & been remixed by some of the worlds biggest producers, TV Rock are not only superstars in Australia, but also on a world class level. Grant & Ivan turn in a 3AM floor slammer with tracks from: Laidback Luke, David Guetta, Bookashade and more, we must admit that their star is shining so bright, we need to bring out the sunnies.
They are well healed, nu school, and weren't there in the 80's to wear the neon the first time round, bring on: Nick Foley & Generik fresh off the plane from the neon lights of Bali. Getting rid of grime, like a house-hold floor cleaner, they are the shine on the dance floors of Melbourne. Mixing everything from MGMT to Toto. Their quirky indie mash-up mix also includes some electric classics. Also quite popular with the ladies, Foley made it into the final cut of bachelors in the: 2008 Cleo Bachelor of the Year Line-Up. Let's make them welcome as the new kids on the block.
Disc 1 - MIDNIGHT - Mixed by: Thomas Gold
1. Spoon, Harris & Obernik - Baditude
2. Laurent Wolf - No Stress
3. Till West & Eddie Thoneick vs. Alexandra Prince - Hi'n'Bye (Smax & Gold Remix)
4. Thomas Gold feat Amanda Wilson -Something's Gotta Give
5. C.Y.B. - Now (Thomas Gold Remix)
6. Peter Luts & Basto! - On My Own (Peter Luts Remix)
7. Syke n Sugarstarr - No Love Lost (Gold Ryan & Tapesh Remix)
8. Herd & Macklin feat Steve Edwards - Greenlight (Ben Macklin Remix)
9. Montana Express & Thomas Gold - To My Beat (Original Mix)
10. Delerium - Silence (Niels van Gogh vs Thomas Gold Remix)
11. Novy vs. SNAP! - Rhythm is a Dancer (2008)
12. Discorama - Giddy Up A Go Go (Henry John Morgan Remix)
13. Niki Belucci - Get Up (D.O.N.S. & DBN Meeting At The Beauty Salon Mix)
14. Eric Smax & Thomas Gold - House Arrest (Montana & Gold Mix)
15. Paul Johnson - Get Get Down (Laidback Luke Remix)
16. DJ Mind X - Sensation Seekers (Martin Roth Nu-Style Remix)
17. Ran Shani feat. Phonex - Kyoto Nights (Like 'O') (12" Vocal Version)
Disc 2 3AM - Mixed by: TV Rock
1. Zoe Badwi - Release Me (TV ROCK Edit)
2. TV ROCK feat Rudy - Been A Long Time (Axwell Remix)
3. The Grower feat. Corey Andrew - Your Body (Jesse Garcia Remix)
4. David Guetta - Delirious (Arno Cost & Norman Doray Rmx)
5. Wally Lopez, Rene Amesz & Peter Gelderblom - Strike Me Down (DJ Pedro & Stephan M Remix)
6. Boris Rush - Miami Push
7. Chromeo - Fancy Footwork (Laidback Luke Remix)
8. Fierce Ruling Diva - Phreekn
9. Carl Kennedy - Elephant & Castle
10. Tikaro, J.Louis & Ferran Feat Clarence - Shine On Me (Starkillers Remix)
11. Laidback Luke & Tom Stephan ft. Romanthony - Show
12. Tom Novy feat. Abigail Bailey - Runaway (Albin Myers Remix)
13. Citylife feat D.D - San Francisco (Carl Kennedy Remix)
14. Booka Shade - Charlotte Remix
15. Morgan Page Feat. Tyler James - Call My Name (TV ROCK Remix)
16. Sebastian Ingrosso & Laidback Luke - Chaa Chaa (EDX's Marakes Soul Remix)
17. Lil' Mo' Yin Yang - Reach (TV ROCK Mix)
18. Natural Born Grooves - Groovebird 08 (Jerry Ropero Remix)
19. Hatiras & Jelo - SpeakerHumper
20. Electro F - Superstar Break (Mic Newman Alternative Remix)
Disc 3 BACKROOM - Mixed by: Nick Foley & Generik
1. MGMT - Electric Feel (Justice Remix)
2. Midfield General featuring Vila - Disco Sirens
3. Alex Gopher - Aurora (Riot in Belgium & Knightlife Remix)
4. Supermayer - The Art of Letting Go
5. The Ting Tings - Great DJ (Calvin Harris Remix)
6. Bobmo - To The Bobmobile (Kazey & Bulldog Remix)
7. Cassette Kids - Forwards Backwards?(Ooh Ee Remix)
8. Gameboy, Gamegirl - Pumps, Rumps (Zombie Disco Squad Remix)
9. The Human League - The Things That Dreams Are Made Of
10. Crookers - Svegila
11. Kazey and Bulldog - Big Truck
12. In The Club - Turn You On (Donavan Remix)
13. Treasure Fingers - Cross The Dancefloor
14. Rick James - Give It To Me Baby
15. Soft Tigers - Mr Icecream (DJ Waxmaster Juke Mix)
16. Trash Fashion - Rave Dave (Bryan Cox & Denny Le Nimh Remix)
17. Surkin - White Knight Two
18. Poop De Party - Another Le Coq
19. Pomomofo - Island (Life On Mars Remix)
20. Walter Meego - Girls (Spruce Lee & Kato Remix)
21. Feadz - Suck It
22: Toto - Africa
DJ Thomas Gold is one of the worlds most in demand remixers, he has remixed for all the big international dance labels such as Ministry of Sound Data Cr2 Nettwerk and Vendetta. Thomas is a producer and dj from Germany who set up his own record label S2G. DJ Golds most recent remix The Creeps was massive.
DJ Thomas Gold mixes everything from pop to rock and has produced music in many different countries. His latest tour begins in Brazil and makes an appearance in Australia before finishing in Spain after touring many other places such as the UK, Polland, Russia and Germany. Thomas Gold is performed in Australia for onelove:
In the past 2 years TV ROCK have set the benchmark in Australia for dance music, selling over 160,00 copies of their debut single Flaunt It, picking up the ARIA awards for best dance release and highest selling single in the country in the process. Their second single The Others spent 12 weeks at the #1 position on the Australian dance charts, received regular play on Pete Tongs essential selection, hit the top 10 in the Australian pop charts and was signed to powerhouse DATA in the UK.
The TV ROCK team of Grant Smillie and Ivan Gough have been hectic in the studio working on new tunes with their very good friend Dirty South and have been remixing some of the dance heavyweights, including TV ROCK mixes of Groove Armada, Axwell, Armand Van Helden, The Migrants, MURK, Dirty South, Tune Brothers and Supafly with more to follow due for release this European Summer.
TV ROCK have held 7 #1 positions for their remixes on the Australian dance charts and their latest original track Been a Long Time is currently #1 on the Australian club chart.
Nick Foley & Generik:
Two of onelove Melbournes backroom resident DJs, Nick Foley and Generik have been rocking dancefloors all over Melbourne for the past few years. Well known, well liked, well dressed and well into music these two DJs are two of the Melbourne club scenes regular stalwarts.
For Generik (Tyson OBrien) it began in 2006, when he wanted to get into 161 for free. He started playing on a Thursday evening at a local indie night. Since that faithful night, he has destroyed dance floors at bliss lounge, revolver, honky tonks, 3rd Class, 161, click click, the saint and motel. He currently jumps up and down in the backroom at one love and can be seen naked at 3rd Class on Fridays. In this short time of djing, Generik has drank and played with the likes of the Bang Gang, Justice, Busy P, Cut Copy, Riot In Belgium, The Presets, The Avalanches, Till West and Dj Delicious, Sneaky Sound System, Midnight Juggernauts and numerous other indie acts.
As well as being one of Melbournes well known club personalities and DJs, Nick Foley is also an established promoter promoting unlucky @ Seven, he has also recently teamed up with producer mic newman and has started producing music under the moniker poop de party and hope to take over the world, (if they find the time).