OUT-OF-THIS-WORLD BOX OFFICE FAVOURITE WALL.E FROM DISNEY-PIXAR
Ben Burtt (WALL.E, and Voice Designer)
Elissa Knight (EVE)
Sigourney Weaver (Ship's Computer)
Jeff Garlin (Captain)
Fred Willard (Shelby Forthright)
John Ratzenberger (John)
Kathy Najimy (Mary)
DIRECTOR: Andrew Stanton
PRODUCER: Jim Morris
WRITTEN BY: Andrew Stanton & Jim Reardon
(Screenplay) Andrew Stanton & Pete Docter (Story)
GENRE: Animation / Children / Family / Adventure
Available in Single, and Double-Disc DVD release and in spectacular Hi-Def with exciting Two-Disc Blu-ray® versionThe year's most acclaimed and original film is set to find its wayinto people's hearts and homes when Walt Disney Studios HomeEntertainment releases WALL.E on DVD and Blu-ray Hi-Def.
The intergalactic adventure of a determined and lovable robot,WALL.E is filled with heart and humour as an extraordinary castof characters take flight on a fantastic journey across the universe.Disney-Pixar's latest charming comedy is set in a visuallyastonishing galaxy made even more compelling by the out-of-thisworldbonus features sure to take families on an exciting cosmicvoyage.
Oscar®-winning director Andrew Stanton's whimsical andbeautiful story of WALL.E has created a love letter to theGolden Age of sci-fi films. WALL.E's cast of exciting newcharacters will enthrall families while once again showcasingPixar's amazing abilities to create entire new worlds. The topnotchvoice cast includes Jeff Garlin (Curb Your Enthusiasm),
Elissa Knight (Cars), Sigourney Weaver (Alien), John Ratzenberger (Toy Story), Kathy Najimy (King of theHill) and Fred Willard (Chicken Little). Academy Award®-winning sound designer Ben Burtt (the StarWars and Indiana Jones franchises) provides the endearing voice of WALL.E, the little robot who neverquits.
After hundreds of lonely years doing what he was built for, WALL.E (short for Waste Allocation Load Lifter Earth-Class) discovers a new purpose in life (besides collecting knick-knacks) when he meets a sleek search robot named EVE. EVE comes to realise that WALL.E has inadvertently stumbled uponthe key to the planet's future, and races back to space to report her findings to the humans (who havebeen eagerly awaiting word that it is safe to return home). Meanwhile, WALL.E chases EVE acrossthe galaxy and sets into motion one of the most exciting and imaginative comedy adventures everbrought to the big screen. Joining WALL.E on his fantastic journey across a universe of never-beforeimaginedvisions of the future, is a hilarious cast of characters including a pet cockroach, and a heroicteam of malfunctioning misfit robots.
- Single-Disc DVD ($39.95)
- Double-Disc DVD Collector's Edition ($42.95)
- Double-Disc Blu-ray ($49.95)
Single Disc DVD -
· Presto - A Pixar Animation Studios original theatrical short about a star magician's ego thatprovokes some clever revenge from his neglected rabbit costar.
· Animation Sound Design: Building Worlds from The Sound Up - Ben Burtt, an Oscarwinningsound designer, introduces viewers to the art of sound design using examples from WALL.E and historic footage of the early Disney sound effects masters at work.
· Geek-o-Rama - Pixar artists (some of the biggest geeks in the universe!) confess how their science fiction, fantasy and comic book influences inspired and drove the creation of WALLoE.
· Audio Commentary by WALLoE director Andrew Stanton (Finding Nemo).
· Deleted Scenes
· Easter Eggs
Blu-ray Bonus Features -
· Robots - Find out everything about the film's robot heroes, including hilarious web vignettes,the names and functions of all of WALLoE's malfunctioning misfit robot friends and aninteractive storybook packed with child-friendly challenges.
· Behind the Scenes - Six exclusive featurettes give fans an insider's view of the making ofWALLoE, including the film's visual design, character development and musical score, plus thestory behind the special effects challenges and a look at building the robot characters thatpopulate the film.
· Buy'n'Large Shorts - Straight from the BnL archives, five revealing short films provideinsight into the inner workings of the company, from its humble beginnings to the intergalacticplan that launched EVE into space. Learn how to operate the Axiom, find out about thecompany's line of "robots "for every need" and hear the story behind the Earth Exit Plan.
· The Pixar Story by Leslie Iwerks - An award-winning, fascinating documentary account ofthe founding and early success of one of the most revolutionary animation company in theworld featuring John Lasseter, Steve Jobs and many other groundbreaking Pixar innovatorsfrom the beginning to the present.
· Early WALLoE development test
· Cine-Explore - A fascinating viewing option in which filmmakers comment on WALLoE,accompanied by behind-the-scenes visuals, in sync with the movie.
· Geek Track - An additional commentary full of obscure references, little known trivia andlively sci-fi discussion, this pop-up silhouette in-movie feature gives viewers a peek inside theminds of some of the more passionate geeks at Pixar.
· The Axiom Arcade - A retro suite of video games with a WALLoE twist, including EVE'sBot Blaster, WALLoE's Dodge & Dock, M-O's Mop-up Madness and BURNoE's BreakThrough.
· 3D Set Fly-Throughs - Cutaway illustrations of the Axiom and Earth sets provides vieweraccess to HD set fly-throughs from ten of the film's most detailed locations.
Review: Wall.e is a journey through human nature, technology and overcoming the impossible. A magically entrancing movie with strong environmental messages.