Cross the drawbridge, step inside a dazzling castle and accompany Princess Aurora on her first new adventure since the cherished classic Sleeping Beauty. Then take a magic carpet ride to Agrabah, where Jasmine and your favorite characters from the award-winning masterpiece Aladdin return for a whole new world of never-before-seen enchantment. With magical storytelling, memorable new songs and beloved characters, this delightful gem celebrates the power of believing in yourself. Spend some golden moments with the Disney Princesses as they discover that when you Follow Your Dreams... they just might come true!
Reading is a great way for mothers and young daughters to spend time together, especially when the stories involve imagining castles, princesses and faraway lands! To celebrate the release of Disney Princess Enchanted Tales: Follow Your Dreams, Yours to Own Now on Disney DVD, we've got some great story-telling tips for Mums, as well as fun instructions on how to put together a sparkling tiara to create a magical, majestical story-telling atmosphere for you and your 'little princess'!
5 steps to creating an enchanted tiara:
1. You'll need a thin plastic headband, craft glue, coloured paper or doilies, and some glitter and sequins for sparkle!
2. Trace out the shape of a crown onto the coloured paper or doily, leaving the bottom of the shape straight, then carefully cut out.
3. Lay the headband flat on a bench and run a thin line of glue along the outside of it, then press the straight edge of the crown-cutout along the glue, and hold for several minutes until it has adhered.
4. Using the glitter and sequins, decorate the front of the crown-cutout, then leave to dry
5. Why dry, place the tiara carefully on top of your little princesses head, and have her select her favourite book for a special storytelling experience together!
Tips for making storytelling even more special:
1. Setup a storytelling space to suit the book you've selected. Use cardboard boxes to build a castle, drape towels between two chairs to create a hideaway, or setup a picnic blanket outdoors to suit tales of adventure!
2. Setup an audience for the reading: invite dolls, stuffed toys and other family members along to a read-aloud session. Have your daughter point out the characters in illustrations, or if she's old enough, allow her to read the story herself!
3. Write a story together, featuring your daughter as the main character and encourage her to create the illustrations herself. She may like to draw or paint pictures, or use photos, magazines and craft materials to create a collage. You might even like to bind the finished product to keep!
After all the storytelling fun, mark your place in the book with a fantastic Disney Princess Enchanted Tales: Follow Your Dreams bookmark, available to print from the DVD's official website at www.disneyprincessdvd.com.au