All information in this website unless stated remains copyright of Girl.com.au. No information on this site may be published either electronically or on hard copy or in any other format now or in the future.
Girl.com.au holds no responsibility for any information on this site that may cause damage to any party reading or using information on this website.
Girl.com.au is provided free of charge to you under this Agreement as a visitor. Review these terms periodically to determine whether a change has been made. As a visitor you agree to abide by all of the terms and conditions outlined within this page of information.
When do we collect personal data about you?
- When you visit our website.
- When you register on our website and use our products and services.
- When you interact with us in person, through correspondence, at events, by phone, or through our website.
- We may collect personal data if it is considered to be of legitimate interest, and if this interest is not overridden by your privacy interests. Before data is collected we make sure an assessment is made, ensuring that there is an established mutual interest between you and Girl.com.au.
Why do we collect and use personal data?
We collect and use personal data mainly to perform customer service, direct sales, and direct marketing.
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- Send you marketing communications which you have requested. These may include information about our products and services, events, activities, and promotions. This communication is subscription based and requires your consent.
- Send you news and information about the products and services that you are using.
- Perform direct sales activities in cases where legitimate and mutual interest is established.
- Follow-up on incoming requests (customer support, emails, chats, or phone calls).
- Perform contractual obligations such as order confirmation, invoicing, payment reminders, and similar.
- Notify you about any disruptions to our services (system messages).
- Contact you to conduct surveys about your opinion on our products and services.
Our legal basis for collecting personal data
Collecting personal data based on consents
The collection of personal data based on consent from the data subject will be done by using “Consent Forms” that will store documentation related to the consent given by the individual. Individual consents will always be stored and documented in our systems.
Collecting personal data based on contracts
We use personal information for fulfilling our obligations related to contracts and agreements with customers and partners.
Collecting personal data based on legitimate interest
We may use personal data if it is considered to be of legitimate interest, and if the privacy interests of the data subjects do not override this interest. Normally, to establish the legal basis for data collection, an assessment has been made during which a mutual interest between Girl.com.au and the individual person has been identified. This legal basis is primarily related to our sales and marketing purposes. We will always inform individuals about their privacy rights and the purpose for collecting personal data.
What type of personal data is collected?
If you are visiting our Site, we may collect and store the following information about you:
- Your IP address and actions taken
- The IP address of the website from which you linked directly to our Site
- The date and time you access our Site
- The browser you used to access our Site
- The operating system you used to access our Site
We use this information to help us make our Site more useful to visitors and clients.
We will not obtain any other personally identifying information about you when you visit our Site, unless you choose to provide such information to us.
If you use our online form to register to use our services, you will be required to provide us with your contact information and other personal information such as User ID, email address, and billing address. Depending on the services you use, you might also be required to provide your PayPal ID or credit card number, CCV and its expiration date in order to process your transactions.
Girl.com.au does not collect or process any special categories of personal data, such as public unique identifiers or sensitive personal data.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We securely store personal data for as long as we find it necessary to fulfill the purpose for which the personal data was collected, while also considering our need to answer your queries or resolve possible problems, to comply with legal requirements under applicable laws, to attend to any legal claims/complaints, and for safeguarding purposes.
This means that we may retain your personal data for a reasonable period of time after your last interaction with us. When the personal data that we have collected is no longer required, we will delete it in a secure manner. We may process data for statistical purposes, but in such cases, data will be anonymized.
Rights to your personal data
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data that Girl.com.au holds about you.
- The right to request that Girl.com.au corrects your personal data if inaccurate or out of date.
- If you are a customer or partner and you have registered a profile on our website, you may update your user profile by logging in and clicking your username in upper right corner of the webpage.
- The right to request that your personal data is deleted when it is no longer necessary for Girl.com.au to retain such data, except data required for legal or accounting purposes.
- The right to withdraw any consent to personal data processing at any time. For example, your consent to receive emailed product news and promotional marketing communications:
- If you want to withdraw or modify your consent to receive various types of email news and marketing communications, please use the link included in the footer of our email to unsubscribe entirely or to change your email preferences.
- Please note that you may still receive system messages and administrative communications from Girl.com.au, such as order confirmations, system messages, and notifications about your account status and activities.
- The right to request that Girl.com.au provides you with your personal data and, if possible, to pass on some or all of this information directly (in an applicable format) to another data controller when the processing is based on consent or contract.
- The right to request a restriction on further data processing, in case there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, in case data processing has been based on legitimate interest and/or direct marketing.
Any questions about your Privacy Rights should be sent to email@example.com
This information is used to make our website work more efficiently, as well as to collect business, product and marketing information. Cookies and similar technologies help us tailor our website to your personal needs, as well as to detect and prevent security threats and abuse. If used alone, cookies and web beacons do not personally identify you.
Do we share your data with anyone?
We do not share, sell, rent, or trade your information with any third parties, except from what is described below:
Third-party Service Providers:
Girl.com.au does not sell or provide to third parties any data derived from this service, aggregated or not that can be tied or linked to you personally or your account.
If required by law:
We will disclose your personal information if required by law or if we, as a company, reasonably believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our company’s rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process. However, we will do what we can to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
If we make changes that significantly alter our privacy practices, we will notify you by email or post a notice on our website.
How to Contact Trellian
If you have any questions about the way your personal data is controlled and processed, please contact us.
6-8 East Concourse
BEAUMARIS, VIC 3193
Phone: + 61-3-9589-7946
Fax: + 61-3-9589-7951
Girl.com.au is committed to protecting your privacy. Information collected about you is for Girl.com.au only and is intended to improve our e-zine and enhance your Girl.com.au reading experience.
When you enter a contest or other promotional feature, we may request both your email and postal addresses. Winners are published in our bi-weekly newsletter and prizes shall be posted out within a 30 of notifying winners. If there are unforseen issues with collection of prizes from sponsors, then Girl.com.au will forward prizes to winners as soon as possible. Competitions are open to anyone with the exception of movie tickets and dvd (zone defined for US - otherwise AU only) and some local promotions may be limited to states within Australia.
Winners drawn are at the discretion of Girl.com.au. The decision is final and not negotiable. Competitions are not open to Girl.com.au staff or relatives of staff.
To read more detailed Contests Terms & Conditions CLICK HERE
What happens to information & content collected by Girl.com.au?
Girl.com.au does not trade, sell, or rent your personal information to third party vendors, whether it be sales, traffic patterns, and related site information. Any information disclosed from statistics is general and in no way discloses personal identification details.
Occassionally the information collected could be used to notify you of important functionality changes to the Girl.com.au website, email system and/or offer you genuine opportunities to enter fabulous competitions and the option to read important articles that concern all girls.
Ecommerce, shopping and telephone related services ordered via this site and associated 3rd party providers, information collected may be used for marketing purposes of similar, related and other products and services.
By submitting content to Girl.com.au, you grant us the non-exclusive right to reproduce, modify and distribute it as we see fit in any medium and for any purpose in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed. You also permit any other visitor or user to access, display, and print such content for personal use. You vouch that any materials you submit does not plagiarise, violate or infringe upon the right of any third party, including copyright, trademark or proprietary rights. If non-original content is posted by you or included in your content, you must obtain permission from the content owner and attribute it.
Rules for Submissions and Messages
Responsibility for what is posted in the discussion groups or other public forums lies with each user - YOU. You alone are responsible for the content of your messages, and the consequences of any such message. You agree not to use the sites in any way to send or submit materials.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We use the information we collect from you to enhance your Girl.com.au experience. We do not sell, rent or trade your personal information to others.
Policy statement changes
Free Email Policy and Terms
The free email service is provided as is. We reserve the right to cancel this service at anytime with no notification. You may stop using the service at any time. You do not need to inform us when you stop using the service. You acknowledge and agree that if we disable access to your account, you may be prevented from accessing the services and any content that is stored in your account.
You agree to use the free email services only for purposes that are permitted by our terms and also applicable laws or regulation or guidelines in the relevant jurisdictions. You also agree not to access or attempt to access the free email service by any means, this includes but not limited to through any automated means, scripts or web crawlers. You further agree not to access or attempt to access the free email service by any means, this includes but not limited to through any automated means, scripts or web crawlers.
You agree that you will not engage in any activity that may interfere with or disrupt the free email service.
Any breaches of the above will result in the cancellation of your account.
The services contained in this section enable the Owner to monitor and analyze web traffic and can be used to keep track of User behavior.
Google Analytics (Google Inc.)
Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google utilizes the Data collected to track and examine the
use of this Application, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services. Google may use the Data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
Personal Data collected: Cookie and Usage data.
Tell us what you think
Girl.com.au encourages feedback and any questions you may have about privacy or any of the above. Please send email to the Editor firstname.lastname@example.org