'MAKE A SPLASH FOR LESS' WEDDING EXPERTS SHARE TIPS FOR BRIDES ON A BUDGET
With an upcoming Wedding Expo to be hosted at Hunter Valley Gardens on Sunday 23 August, many couples have been asking how they can make a splash at their wedding without spending a fortune.
Hunter Valley Gardens Wedding Experts Carly Harper and Sarah Hingeley say, "Brides and grooms often make the mistake of thinking that to add a 'WOW' factor will put them completely out of pocket. This isn't so as there are some clever and little known touches that do not cost a fortune but can make a real impression and the world of difference to them and their guests."
Top tips for an unforgettable wedding include:
1. Helicopter Arrival - This is a very special way to make an entrance! For 3 people, a helicopter ride to the ceremony or reception can be arranged for as little as $250.
2. Horse & Carriage - If tradition is the key, there is nothing more romantic than a horse and carriage ride from the Gardens, with prices starting from just $250.
3. Fireworks - Couples always think a fireworks display will cost tens of thousands of dollars and are reserved for the very wealthy, but a four minute display can cost just $675.
4. Caricaturist - A great way to make guests laugh and remember the day with a keepsake is a comical sketch of themselves! Prices start at $750.
5. Photo Booths - Everyone loves a photo! This is a great way to make guests interact with each other and have a lasting memory to take home. A photo booth will cost approximately $900 to hire.
For these and other fabulous ideas, Hunter Valley Gardens will open its gates to showcase its internationally recognised display gardens on Sunday 23 August from 10am to 4pm. Couples are invited to wander through the 10 beautiful international display gardens and discuss their wedding plans with the Hunter Valley Gardens wedding team and local wedding suppliers who will all be on hand to help with ideas for the perfect day.
In addition, the lovely Garden Terrace will be in full wedding set up and one of its award winning chefs will be on hand to discuss the appetising menu options. Harrigan's Deck, just a stone's throw away will also be open for viewing from 10am onwards. This equally unique location will be magically transformed to showcase a wedding to remember.
Hunter Valley Gardens offers everything required for an unforgettable day including a beautiful 150 seat chapel, the perfect location for wedding photos and stunning reception venues. Accommodation is available by calling Harrigan's Accommodation on 02 4998 4300.
Admission to view the Gardens and attend the expo is free for all wedding couples. For further information or bookings please contact Sarah or Carly on 02 4998 4000 or visit www.hvg.com.au