Yass! An official trailer for Canada's Drag Race has been revealed, along with the full lineup of celebrity guests who will help critique and crown Canada's first drag superstar, in the brand new series premiering on Stan.
The full-length trailer delivers a first look at the Canada's Drag Race runway and werkroom, plus a sneak peek of the drama, challenges and surprise appearances that audiences can expect.
Joining hosts Brooke Lynn Hytes (RuPaul's Drag Race Season 11 second place winner), Jeffrey Bowyer-Chapman (UnREAL) and Stacey McKenzie (international supermodel) on the judging panel will be:
• BIDDELL – Fashion designer and winner of Project Runway Canada
• Amanda Brugel – Canadian Screen Award-winning actor (Hit N' Fun, The Handmaid's Tale, and Workin' Moms)
• Deborah Cox – Grammy®-nominated recording artist
• Elisha Cuthbert – Actor (The Ranch, One Big Happy Family, and 24)
• Tom Green – Creator and star of the groundbreaking comedy show The Tom Green Show
• Jade Hassouné – Actor, Shadowhunters
• Traci Melchor – Canada's very first Squirrel Friend and Senior Correspondent for Etalk
• Michelle Visage – Emmy Award® winning, internationally renowned television personality, and judge on RuPaul's Drag Race
• Mary Walsh – Canadian Screen Award-winning actor and producer, and creator and star of This Hour Has 22 Minutes
• Allie X – Singer, songwriter, and visual artist
In addition, special guests are dropping in throughout the season to offer their expertise and help make challenges next-level fabulous. Guests include Canada's Drag Race resident producer RALPH and choreographer Hollywood Jade; renowned photographer Matt Barnes; lifestyle gurus Colin McAllister and Justin Ryan; Crystal from RuPaul's Drag Race UK; iconic Canadian drag queen Michelle DuBarry; actor Stefan Brogren; and comedian Sabrina Jalees.
With Snatch Game, Rumail, the reading challenge, puppets, makeovers, and gag-worthy untucked sessions, Canada's Drag Race serves up fan-favourites from RuPaul's Drag Race, but with a dash of maple-flavoured Canadian realness. Each episode tests the queens' talents, and challenges them to master singing, dancing, acting, impersonation, costume making, and improvisation. One competitor sashays away at the end of each episode, until the last queen standing is announced the inaugural winner. Throughout this journey, the queens share their personal struggles and successes, highlighting their individuality.
View the new trailer here: