Brownie base ingredients:
• 200g butter
• 400g castor sugar
• 4 eggs
• 100g Nestlé Bakers' Choice Cocoa powder
• 1 tps baking powder
• 170g plain flour
• 150g dark chocolate
Baked mousse topping ingredients:
• 300g dark chocolate
• 130g butter
• 7 eggs
• 230g brown sugar
• 3/4 cups plain flour (optional)
• 170g Nestlé KitKat Gold
Brownie base method:
1. Melt butter, chocolate, castor sugar together in one bowl.
2. Mix all dry ingredients together. cocoa, flour, baking powder.
3. Fold in the butter mixture and dry ingredients together until smooth consistency.
4. Fold in eggs with mixture until combined.
5. Bake at 180 degrees in fan force oven for 25- 30min.
6. Whilst waiting for brownie base to bake Prepare mousse topping.
Baked mousse topping method:
1. Melt chocolate and butter over double boiler, let cool after combined. Combine flour to melted mixture (Optional).
2. Separate the eggs.
3. Whisk egg yolks, sugar until still peaks.
4. Fold in chocolate mixture with egg yolks.
5. Whisk egg whites till stiff peaks are formed.
6. Fold egg whites with chocolate mix.
7. Lay KitKat on baked brownie in the arrangement you will like, YES you can do double stack or triple stacks.
8. Pour mousse mixture over KitKat and brownie, be sure to spread it to every corner.
9. Bake at 160 degrees for 45mins.
10. Let cool before cutting.