Renowned Australian food stylist and home cook, Lucy Tweed, is the expert in preparing easy weeknight dinners that taste delicious and don't take hours to prepare. With an increasing number of hours being clocked in the kitchen recently, it's likely that we're starting to experience a little home-cooking fatigue. Lucy has partnered with Westinghouse to provide recipe inspiration and share how she keeps meal time inventive, quick and tasty, embracing the kid's nightly 'what's for dinner 'chorus.
PREP TIME: 30 mins (plus overnight marinate time)
COOK TIME: 25 mins
• 600ml buttermilk
• 12 chicken wings
• 2tsp onion powder
• 2tsp garlic powder
• 1tbs smoked paprika
• 1 tsp chicken stock powder
• 200 g panko crumbs
Blue cheese dipping sauce
• 50g Blue cheese
• ¼ cup yoghurt
• 1/3 cup mayonnaise
• 1/4 White cabbage, finely shredded
• 1/4 Red cabbage, finely shredded
• 3 Carrot, julienned
• 2tbs olive oil
• 1ts sugar
• 2tbs lime juice
• 1ts salt
• 2tbs Chives, finely sliced
1. Trim the drumette from the wings.
2. Marinate the wings in the buttermilk overnight in the fridge.
3. Preheat oven to 220°C AirFry, with the basket on level 3.
4. Remove wings from buttermilk and allow to drip slightly on a cooling rack.
5. Combine panko crumb with remaining ingredients and toss with wings to coat.
6. Cook for 20mins until crisp and golden.
7. Serve with blue cheese dipping sauce and slaw
Blue Cheese dipping sauce
1. In a small bowl, mash the blue cheese with a fork, then combine with sour cream and mayonnaise.
1. In a large bowl combine oil, sugar, salt and lime juice.
2. Add the cabbage and carrot and toss well to coat.
3. Sprinkle with chives.