A recipe from Wellness In Real Life & Califia Farms
2 x large sweet potatoes (sliced into fries and soaked in water overnight- reduces the starch and makes them crispy)
Corn flour for covering
Salt & pepper
Califia 'cheese' sauce:
30g plant-based spread (e.g. Nuttelex)
1 ½ Tbsp plain flour
1 ¼ cups Califia Farms Unsweetened Almond Milk
2 tsp white miso paste
½ cup plant-based cheese
2 x spring onions (sliced)
1 punnet of cherry tomatoes (halved)
1 avocado (diced)
½ red capsicum (chopped roughly)
¼ red cabbage (shaved)
Fresh coriander for garnish
1. Place the sweet potato fries on flat trays (not too crowded) and coat in corn flour, olive oil, salt and pepper.
2. Place in a pre-heated 180 degrees Celsius oven and cook until crispy (about 30-40 mins)
3. In the meantime, make the 'cheese sauce'. Melt the plant-based spread over a medium heat in a saucepan, add flour and cook stirring for 2 mins or until bubbling. Incrementally stir in Califia Unsweetened Almond Milk and stir over a medium heat until it thickens. Whisk in miso and 'cheese' until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Once the fries are cooked and crispy, place all onto 1 tray.
5. Top with lashings of the 'cheese' sauce and top with pre-prepared vegetables, garnish with coriander and enjoy!
"We've made these loaded sweet potato fries with Califia Farms Unsweetened Almond Milk 'cheese' sauce. It's dairy free, no added sugar PLUS it's packed with Calcium! All plant-based and all good," says Alicia and Bree.
Recipe by Califia Farms and @wellness.in.real.life