Ten Tips to Land your Dream Job in Technology
EY's Australian Entrepreneur of the Year for Technology and CEO of LeadBolt, Dale Carr, offers tips to score a career in today's high tech industry and identifies what skills will set you apart from other job seekers and make you attractive to the hiring organisation.
'It is crucial that in this day and age job seekers are well prepared, know their self worth and just dive in. The below are ten strategic moves to use to land your dream job in technology and what I believe will give you one up over other job seekers", CEO Dale Carr says.
1. Familiarise yourself with industry jargon, language and news in tech. Sign up for every major media outlet that serves technology news.
2. Get hands- on! Familiarise yourself with the product, software or service the company provides.
3. If you are a current college student ensure you complete an internship- they are one of the most important things you can do.
4. Regularly watch webinars and tutorials.
5. Get online. Utilise Facebook , Linked In and Twitter. Show your employer you are ready to accept the ever changing world of technology.
6. It may sound like a cliché but a positive can- do attitude matters.
7. Learn about the company's primary competitors.
8. NETWORK, NETWORK, NETWORK.
9. Communication is one of the most critical factors in success. Prove you are a valuable player and have good communication skills.
10. Understand the landscape- Are you familiar with the rules and regulations that guide that industry?
LeadBolt is an industry leading app discovery and monetization platform for developers and advertisers. LeadBolt is ranked as one of the most-used mobile advertising solutions by app developers on the Android system Worldwide and serves more than five billion ads a month in over 150 countries across 65,000 apps including everything from Candy Crush to Talking Tom. LeadBolt is privately held and headquartered in Sydney, Australia and Los Angeles, CA and is looking to double its workforce in Sydney, Australia.