A recipe from The Nourished Chef and Califia Farms
"If you're anything like me, having healthy snacks on hand is a must! I've used Califia Farms Vanilla Almond Milk because it has no added sugar and just a touch of vanilla that makes it oh-so-good!" says Clarissa from The Nourished Chef.
Gluten Free │ Vegan │ Oil Free
› 2 Cups (GF) Plain Flour or Sub For Plain Flour
› 1 tsp Baking Soda
› 2 tsp Baking Powder
› 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
› ½ Cup Pure Maple Syrup
› 1 Cup Unsweetened Califia Farms Vanilla Almond Milk
› 6 tablespoon Peanut Butter (sub for any nut/seed butter)
› 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
› 2 Medium Banana (mashed)
› 1 Cup Blueberries (fresh or frozen)
1. Pre-heat oven to 175⁰C. Grease a 12 cup muffin tray.
2. Sift together flour of choice, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon.
3. Stir in the vanilla almond milk, nut/seed butter of choice, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and mashed banana. Stir until well combined.
4. Gently fold in the blueberries. Careful not to over mix. Evenly spoon the mixture into the 12 muffin holes.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. Enjoy warm!
The Nourished Chef (Clarissa Kocovski) has been curating and recipe developing low carb, gluten and dairy free recipes for the last five years. Recently she has been inspired to embrace plant-based living and has adapted this philosophy throughout her recipes. Long-term sustainability is something she's very passionate about and working with the power of plants in her kitchen has been an eye-opening journey. She hopes by showcasing the true ingredients she uses and sharing her recipes will educate and inspire home cooks. Follow her Instagram here: @thenourishedchef
For more details on Califia Farms visit: califiafarms.com.au