● 6 granny smith apples, peeled and cored
● 2 tbs brown sugar
● 1 tbs water
● 1 vanilla pod, split and scraped of seeds
● 1 cinnamon stick
● 2 strips orange rind
● 125g punnet blueberries
● 1/2 cup rolled oats
● 1/4 cup slivered almonds
● 60g butter, diced 1 tbs brown sugar
● 3/4 cup McKenzie's Shredded Coconut
1. Pre-heat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
2. Cut each apple into eight wedges. Add to a large saucepan with sugar, water, vanilla seeds and pod, cinnamon and orange rind. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook partially covered for 6-8 minutes until apple is just tender. Remove from the heat and mix in the blueberries. Divide mixture between 6 oven-proof serving bowls.
3. Place rolled oats, almonds, butter and sugar in a food processor. Pulse until coarse crumbs have formed. Remove to a bowl and mix in the coconut. Spoon mixture over the top of the apples and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden. Serve warm with a dollop of cream or scoop of ice-cream.
For more McKenzie's Coconut recipes visit www.mckenziesfoods.com.au