● 2 1⁄2 cups McKenzie's Fine Desiccated Coconut
● 3 tbs maple syrup
● 1⁄2 cup coconut cream
● 2 tbs coconut oil, at room temperature
● 1⁄2 tsp vanilla extract
● 300g dark chocolate
● 1 tsp coconut oil, extra
● 1/3 cup McKenzie's Shredded Coconut, for decoration
1. Line a square 20cm x 20cm baking tin with parchment paper allowing an overhang on each side.
2. Place desiccated coconut, maple syrup, coconut cream, coconut oil and vanilla extract into a food processor. Process for a short period of time until all ingredients are combined and the mixture forms easily into a ball. If too dry, add a touch more coconut cream.
3. Place the coconut mixture into the prepared tin. Use your hands to press down the mixture equally and place in the freezer for 20 minutes.
4. Once firm, take the coconut block out of the tin and use a hot knife to cut into rectangular bars. Place the bars back in the freezer while you melt the chocolate.
5. Break the chocolate into small pieces and place in a microwave safe bowl. Add the extra coconut oil. Microwave in 30 second increments until melted and smooth. Cover each bar with melted chocolate, place on a lined tray and sprinkle with shredded coconut. Place in the fridge until chocolate is firm.
For more McKenzie's Coconut recipes visit www.mckenziesfoods.com.au