BBQ Roasted Split Chicken
Serves: 4 Prep Time: 20 min Cook Time: 40mins
1.2kg fresh whole chicken, butterflied
Char-Griller All Purpose Rub
Vegetable/Canola Oil to rub
Heavy duty foil
Hot Plate Liner
1. To prepare Chicken, begin by cleaning chicken and cutting down the backbone to butterfly.
2. Pat chicken dry with a paper towel and then apply a small amount of oil and massage all over.
3. Using the Char-Griller All Purpose Rub, shake over entire chicken and ensuring an even coating all over chicken. For an extra flavour lift, separate skin from breast meat and apply some additional rub with oil underneath skin layer.
4. Allow chicken to marinate in fridge for at least 30-45mins before cooking
5. Preheat Gas BBQ to a medium-high heat (200°C). Cut a Hot Plate Liner to size of chicken and place on BBQ hot plate.
6. Remove chicken from refrigerator and place onto the liner. Grill the chicken with BBQ Hood closed for approx. 20 minutes on each side until it is cooked through and skin is golden.
7. To check if chicken is thoroughly cooked, internal temperature of chicken should be at 165°F (75°C) when thermometer is inserted into thickest part of thigh, or thigh juices should run clear when pricked with fork.
8. Remove chicken from grill and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Char-Griller All Purpose Rub also suitable for steaks, pork spare ribs, chicken wings and skewers, seafood and grilled vegetables.
Char-Griller BBQ Rubs are suitable for vegans and vegetarians and are free from genetically modified materials. The Brisket and Beef Rub and Ribs and Pork Rub are both gluten free.
Char-Griller BBQ Rubs are available from Bunnings stores nationally. For more information visit www.bunnings.com.au