Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 60 minutes
● 3/4 cup McKenzie's Whole Green Lentils, prepared & rinsed
● 4 small or 2 large sweet potatoes
● 2 tsp olive oil
● 1/2 onion, finely diced
● 2 garlic cloves, crushed
● 1/2 tsp McKenzie's Mixed Spice
● 1/4 tsp chilli powder
● 1/2 cup tomato passata
● 1/2 cup stock or water
● 2 tsp mint, finely sliced
● 2 tbs olive oil
● 4 cups coarsely torn kale leaves
● 50g feta, crumbled
● Yoghurt, mint leaves, pomegranate seeds and lime, for serving
1. Prepare and cook lentils according to on-pack directions. Drain.
2. Pre-heat oven to 180C (160C fan-forced). Place sweet potatoes onto an oven tray and bake for approx. 1 hour until tender. Set aside.
3. Heat oil in a frying pan. Add onion and garlic, cooking for 3 minutes. Add spices and cook a further minute until fragrant. Stir in passata, lentils and water. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in mint leaves and season to taste.
4. Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in a large frying pan. Add kale and cook whilst tossing for several minutes until slightly wilted and crispy. Drain on paper towel.
5. For serving, divide kale between serving bowls, top with a potato half or two small halves, lentil mixture and drizzle with yoghurt, feta, pomegranate, mint leaves and a squeeze of lime.