Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
● 1/2 cup McKenzie's Chick Peas
● 1 tbs sunflower oil
● 1/4 tsp ground cumin
● pinch chilli powder
● Salt flakes
● 300g chicken breasts, poached or seared, shredded
● 1/4 savoy cabbage, finely shredded
● 100g snowpeas, shredded
● 1/2 green capsicum, finely sliced
● 1/4 red onion or 3 spring onions, finely sliced
● Mint and lime, for serving
● 2 tsp sunflower oil
● 2 garlic cloves, crushed
● 2cm ginger, finely grated
● 2 tbs McKenzie's Fine Desiccated Coconut
● 1 tsp curry powder
● 1/2 cup cup cream
● 1 tbs water
● 2 tsp lime juice
1. Prepare and cook chick peas to packet directions, drain.
2. Heat oil in a large frying pan and add chickpeas, cumin, chilli and salt. Cook for approximately 0-15 minutes until crisp and toasted, tossing regularly. Drain on paper towel and set half of them aside for snacking on at a later date.
3. To make the dressing, heat oil in a small frying pan and add garlic and ginger. Cook over low heat for 2-3 minutes. Add coconut and curry powder cooking for several minutes until fragrant. Stir in the cream, water and lime juice. Cook for 2 minutes and set aside.
4. Place shredded chicken, cabbage, snowpeas, capsicum and onion into a large mixing bowl. Add half of the dressing and chickpeas. Toss well. Arrange onto a serving platter and finish with remaining dressing and chickpeas. Finish with mint and lime.