Whether you're a busy parent looking for quick and easy weeknight dinners or an enthusiastic home cook seeking delicious yet wholesome options, Australian Eggs collection of 'Family Friendly Feeds' has got you covered.
Egg, Chips and Mushroom Tray Bake
Time: 55 minutes
- 8 large eggs
- 4 medium potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 medium sweet potato, scrubbed
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus extra drizzle
- 1 tsp celery salt (or regular salt)
- 12 mushrooms
- 4 cups spinach leaves
- Black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Cut the potatoes and sweet potato into chips, roughly the width of your finger, leaving the skin on. Spread out in a single layer on a non-stick baking tray (or line a tray with baking paper), drizzle with the extra virgin olive oil, sprinkle over the celery salt and toss to coat. Bake in the oven for 30 mins, tossing once or twice during cooking.
- After 35 minutes add the mushrooms and toss to coat, adding a little more oil if needed. Return to the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Toss through the spinach and then crack the eggs into gaps between the potatoes. Grind black pepper over the top and return to the oven for 10 mins or until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Spoon onto warmed plates. Even better served with baked beans!