A recipe from The Fit Foodie
"This one serves two - so grab a best mate / lover / parent and get ready to cook up a gluten-free storm with this delicious porridge made with Califia Farms XX Espresso Cold Brew for an extra kick to start your day! Bonus – it has added calcium," Sally O'Neill.
1 small bosch pear, cored
1 star anise
1/2 cup raw buckwheat groats (100 g)
2 cups Califia Farms XX Espresso cold brew coffee (500 ml) plus additional to serve
Toppings: crushes pistachio, black sesame, maple syrup
1. Halve and core the pear.
2. Head a small pan with simmering water, and add 1 star anise.
3. Add the pear halves to the pan ensuring the pears are covered, cooking for 10 minutes or until soft.
4. In a separate pan, heat the Califia cold brew over a medium heat.
5. Add the groats and cook for 10-15 minutes until the liquid is mostly absorbed and groats soft.
6. Divide between two bowls and pour over additional cold brew to taste.
7. Serve with your favourite toppings and enjoy warm!
Sally O'Neill is a Sydney-based food photographer and stylist with a Bachelor of Science in clinical nutrition and dietetics. Visit her website here: the-fit-foodie.com or follow her Instagram here: @thefitfoodieblog
For more details on Califia Farms visit: califiafarms.com.au