They sometimes get a bad rap, but potatoes are actually packed with nutritional benefits – when they're not deep-fried in oil that is. They're high in fibre, potassium, vitamin C, and vitamin B6 and contain zero cholesterol – meaning they're great for your heart health. A much healthier alternative to shredded meat, jackfruit is also high in fibre, low in calories, and naturally fat- and sodium-free.
2 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
1 small sweet potato, peeled and sliced
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp salt (add to taste)
1/2 tbsp olive oil
1 red onion, chopped
300 grams Amazonia Smoky BBQ Jackfruit
60 grams grated cheese (or vegan cheese)
Avocado and sprouts, to serve (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 190 degrees C.
2. Place potatoes in a large mixing bowl with olive oil, paprika and salt. Gently toss until potatoes are well coated.
3. Line a baking tray and arrange potatoes in a single layer.
4. Bake for 30-35 minutes, turning occasionally, or until golden and slightly crispy.
5. Whilst the potatoes are baking, prepare jackfruit mix.
6. Heat olive oil in a non-stick pan. Add onion and braise for 5 minutes.
7. Add BBQ jackfruit and continue to cook over medium heat for approx. 10 minutes, gently pulling apart the jackfruit.
8. Transfer potato wedges to a heat-proof dish and top with jackfruit mix. Add cheese and return to oven for 5 minutes.
9. Serve with guacamole and micro greens (optional).
Recipe by Amazonia x Healthy Luxe