TUNE IN WITH MELBOURNE CENTRAL
Breaking news: your social life is not over! Melbourne Central has got all your self-isolation needs covered with the launch of MCTV where art, lifestyle, and culture collide.
Social distancing may have halted us from heading to live gigs at ELLA and shopping with a bao in hand but it hasn't stopped Melbourne Central from bringing our community together in new ways. MCTV connects Melbourne Central's dynamic customer to the local retailers, musicians, artists, and creatives they know and love to discover.
Us Melbournians are social butterflies… and thanks to MCTV we can live our best life online and celebrate the vibrant culture of our city. There are no cancellations at MCTV. The virtual channel boasts an everevolving program of gigs, how to's, and even a virtual wine tasting hosted in collaboration with local partners and emerging talent; from their living room to yours.
Melissa Polglase, Melbourne Centrals' Development Marketing Manager, said:
"Our community is at the centre of what we do at Melbourne Central. MCTV fosters a sense of connectivity at a time when our community needs it most. People can't stop saying the C-word and day by day it's affecting every part of our lives. Savouring small moments, strengthening connections and finding the good in others is what will keep us together.
The Melbourne Central precinct has always had a strong affinity to our city's culture. Now more than ever, we are passionate about continuing to support our retailers, local artists, creatives and performers feeling the pinch."
Shall we take a sneak peek at the MCTV social calendar?
- Dress up in your favourite band tee and host your own 'iso' party. Central Sessions are now online bringing you local gigs from Melbourne's favorite bands and musicians streamed direct to your living room.
- Dust off your moves and tune in to BYO Vinyl Nights, where vinyl lovers from across Melbourne will be sharing their favourite tracks. Just because clubs are closed, doesn't mean you can't get your groove on.
- We're kicking off MCTV with fashion and beauty inspo for your next House Party call. On Wednesday's we wear pink, right? Dress like movie stars or pop culture icons, or even holiday in your loungeroom with style thanks to Some Like it Haute. Alyce (@alycealyce) from Bossy Creative launches the exciting MCTV schedule with looks inspired by iconic cities – we may not be able to travel but our wardrobe can.
- Naturally you can't have a social life without a little glam. At Beauty Central you will discover insider tips direct from professional make-up artist's plus surprise giveaways thanks to the beauty brands you know and love at Melbourne Central. Tune in this week for a live masterclass by beauty babe Cassandra Lusi - Steph Claire Smith's go to make up guru.
- How about sending a sweet message to someone you love? Share it with MCTV and our resident weekly artist will turn your message of love, hope or iso feels into a work of art. Tune in to Drawn Together and watch local artists illustrate their magic live.
MCTV will launch from Wednesday 15th April via Melbourne Central's Instagram (@melbournecentral) and Facebook page (@melbcentral). The MCTV social schedule will be released weekly on www.melbournecentral.com.au so please keep your virtual diary free!