Serve: 1 small jar
Cook / prep time: 40 minutes plus cooling down time
• Pulp of 6 fresh Australian passionfruit
• 30g butter
• 3 brown onions thinly sliced
• 1/2 cup brown sugar
• 50ml red wine vinegar
• 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
• 2 garlic cloves, crushed
• Good pinch sea salt
• 1 small glass jar
• Cheese (we recommend a cheddar, or a sharper cheese , such as Mersey Valley )
• Sterilise the jar by thoroughly washing with soap and water then placing in a pre - heated oven at 110C for 10 minutes.
• Add the butter to a large fry pan on medium heat. Once the butter has melted add the thinly sliced onions.
• Sauté the onions down until they become transparent, add the crushed garlic and stir through.
• Add the red wine vinegar followed by adding the brown sugar and wholegrain mustard. Allow to simmer for 5 minutes before adding the passionfruit pulp.
• Turn the heat down and allow to simmer for 12 - 15 m inutes or until the liquid has re- duced to a sticky runny - style sauce. Add a good pinch of sea salt.
• Spoon the hot passionfruit relish into the pre - sterilised jar and place the lid on. Allow to cool down on the bench , and then store it in the fridge.
• Serve with cheese and crackers.