● 185 g unsalted butter softened
● 1/2 cup Lakanto Baking Blend
● 1 egg
● 1 tsp vanilla extract
● 1 1/4 cup self-raising flour
● 3/4 cup plain flour sifted
● 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
● 60 g unsalted butter
● 3/4 cup Lakanto Icing Powder
● 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
● 2 tsp milk
● 1 cup sugar free raspberry jam (homemade or store bought)
1. Cream butter and Lakanto Baking Blend or until light and fluffy.
2. Add vanilla and egg, mix well.
3. Add sifted flour and coconut. Mix well.
4. Roll teaspoonfuls of mixture into balls and place on greased oven trays.
5. Press gently down with a fork.
6. Bake at 180C for 10-15 minutes until light golden brown.
7. Cool on wire rack.
8. Vanilla filling: Cream butter and Lakanto Icing Powder until light and fluffy.
9. Add vanilla extract and milk. Beat well.
10. Place a teaspoon of vanilla filling on half the biscuits.
11. Top with a teaspoon of raspberry jam.
12. Top with remaining halves and press gently.
13. Dust with Lakanto Icing Powder
Tip: These monte carlos keep quite well for around a week in an airtight container.