How To Serve Edible Flowers
with Maxwell & Williams
Spring is here which means lazy Sunday afternoons relaxing in the sun. Celebrate the newly arrived warmth with these fresh floral recipes. Perfect for breezy afternoons, accompany these simple, elegant dishes with a glass of rosé and great company.
Serve these delicate recipes in our popular Euphemia Henderson range, refreshed for the season with a new all white iteration. Created in partnership with the Royal Botanic Gardens Melbourne, this range is a stunning representation of Australian botanical art and is sure to turn the simplest of recipes into a statement on the table.
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 5 mins
For the salad:
Handful of edible flowers, available from most farmers markets and specialty grocers
1 sliced cucumber
3 radishes, thinly sliced
For the vinaigrette:
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoons maple syrup
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Juice of half an orange
Salt and pepper, to taste
For the bruschetta:
Loaf of crusty sourdough bread
400g goat's cheese
2 tablespoons honey
For the raspberries:
2 cups raspberries
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tablespoon honey
3 basil leaves, finely chopped
1. To assemble the salad, layer spinach, cucumber and radish in a bowl. Top with edible flowers and set aside.
2. Combine all vinaigrette ingredients in a jar, pop the top on and shake to fully combine. Drizzle salad with dressing just before
3. Mix together the goat's cheese, honey and chopped dill in a small bowl until the mixture is a smooth, spreadable consistency.
Season well with salt and pepper. Spread the mixture on toasted sourdough.
4. Drizzle with extra honey and top with edible flowers. For a more savoury treat, add smoked salmon instead of honey and top
5. Finally, wash the raspberries and place in a large serving bowl. In a smaller bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, honey and
basil. Drizzle dressing over the fruit and serve immediately.
Serve this refreshing spread in our Euphemia Henderson range, a finish with a tart glass of rosè for the perfect Spring
Maxwell & Williams Euhemia Henderson Collection
Oblong Platter 40x28cm (RRP $39.95)
Footed Bowl 15.5cm (RRP $9.95)
Spoon Rest (RRP $9.95)
Pitcher 2.4L (RRP $39.95)
Oblong Bowl 42x21cm (RRP $49.95)