Check out this brand new recipe that has been developed by health and fitness expert, Sam Wood, in collaboration with McKenzie's for the 28 by Sam Wood program.
This deliciously nutritious Vegan Coconut and Split Pea Soup has less than 400 calories and the recipe makes enough for eight people - so is a perfect dish to make and have leftovers for your WFH lunches.
1 onion (brown) chopped
2 carrot(s) grated
2 zucchini grated
2 clove(s) garlic minced
2 tablespoon(s) coconut oil (extra virgin)
salt & pepper to taste
2 tablespoon(s) curry powder
2 tablespoon(s) tomato paste
4 potato(es) peeled and chopped
2 cup(s) McKenzie's Green Split Peas rinsed
10 cup(s) water
1.5 cup(s) coconut milk (canned)
1. Heat coconut oil in a large soup pot over medium to high heat.
2. Add onions, carrot, zucchini, garlic and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes or until onion has softened.
3. Add curry powder and tomato paste and stir into the vegetables until combined. Mix for 1 minute.
4. Add the potatoes, green split peas, water and a pinch of salt and pepper.
5. Bring to a boil, then let simmer for approximately 50 minutes or until the green split peas are fully cooked through.
6. Take the soup off heat and mix in the coconut milk.
7. Season with salt and pepper to taste.