Purely Delicious and completely crave-worthy, my chocolate chip cookies are tender with a fudgy chewiness and a deliciously crisp bite. Packed with heart-healthy olive oil and antioxidant-rich dark chocolate these really are the World's Healthiest Chocolate Chip Cookies! Finishing your chocolate chip cookies with a flaky sea salt brings out the chocolate flavour and tempers the sweetness, making this the perfect sweet and salty snack.
- 300 g (3 cups / 10 1/2 oz) almond meal/almond flour
- 125 ml (1/2 cup/ 4 fl oz) light flavoured olive oil
- 125 ml (1/2 cup/ 4 fl oz) pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 100 g (3 1/2 oz) good quality dark chocolate between 70 - 85%, cut into small chunks.
- Preheat your oven to 150°C (300°F)
- Combine almond meal, olive oil, maple and vanilla.
- Mix into a soft dough. and form into a dough. (if your mix is too dry for any reason, add 1 tablespoon water)
- Fold in your chocolate so it's evenly mixed through.
- Form into small cookies, using a mini ice cream scoop and place onto a lined baking tray.
- Garnish the cookie with a little chocolate or some flaked almonds.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Cool completely before devouring. Enjoy!