Forget the customary carrot sticks and cucumber slices for summer entertaining and use hommus to create surprising dishes that will delight at any get together. All without forking out for expensive ingredients.
As we break into the warmer months and with the entertaining season fast approaching, the traditional picnic dip can be found in many Australian fridges, says Jalni Shah, General Manager SSS Foods: "Why not hack your hommus? With many of us planning staycations during the festive season, this summer will focus on having fun and entertaining at home, which means more time spent in the kitchen mastering unique creations for friends and family!" says Jalni.
Chicken and Pumpkin Fritters by @clean_treats
• 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded (320g)
• 3 cups pumpkin, grated (390g)
• 2 sprigs spring onion, diced
• 2 eggs
• 1 cup self-raising flour (150g)
• 3/4 cup almond milk + 1 tsp lemon juice (or use buttermilk)
• 1 cup fresh mint, finely chopped
• 1 tbs sumac
• Salt and pepper
• Green salad & SSS Foods Coriander, Cumin & Chilli Hommus to serve
1. Combine the prepared chicken, pumpkin, spring onion, eggs, flour, almond milk, mint, seasoning and spices together in a bowl.
2. Heat a non-stick in fry pan, add mixture to the pan and cook the fritters until golden on both sides (use 1-2 tbs of batter for each).
3. Serve with green salad and generous dollops of SSS Foods Coriander, Cumin & Chilli Hommus.
Feel inspired this summer and create delicious, unique twists on summer classics, with the much-loved kitchen staple. "We hope that Australians take on the challenge of hacking with hommus this entertaining season. It's an easy, cheap way to get tongues wagging," adds Jalni.
SSS Foods Natural (RRP: $3.80) and Coriander, Chilli & Mild Chilli (RRP: $3.80) hommus flavours are available in Woolworths stores nationwide. To find out more about SSS Foods range and to get inspired by a variety of recipes, visit sssfoods.com.au.