2 tbsp coconut oil or olive oil
1 leek or brown onion, trimmed and thinly sliced
Salt, to taste
1 L vegetable stock
1 large head cauliflower, chopped into florets
1 cup Califia Unsweetened Almond Milk
1 cup hazelnuts nuts, roughly chopped, plus some for topping
Handful of sage leaves
Black pepper, to taste
1. Melt the coconut oil or olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add the leeks or brown onion and a pinch of salt and cook gently for 8–10 minutes, or until they've softened and turned golden.
3. Add the stock and cauliflower. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to simmer, cover for 20 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender.
4. Add the almond milk and hazelnuts, then blend with a stick blender until smooth and creamy. Season to taste with more salt and pepper.
5. In a small frying pan, add 1 tsp coconut oil and then gently place the sage leaves into the pan. Fry each side until crispy. Once crispy. Set aside and allow to cool.
6. Serve the soup between bowls and top with the crispy sage and chopped hazelnuts.
"Cauliflower is an excellent addition to soups because it's nutritious, filled with fibre and gives a lovely creamy texture. Serve it in small bowls as a light starter or plate up a bigger portion for a wholesome lunch or dinner."
"When I was living in L.A. I discovered Califia Farms Unsweetened Almond Milk and as soon as I tasted it, I knew it was my favourite brand. I was so excited when their products arrived in Australia. As a nutritionist, it's so important that the ingredients I put into my recipes are nutritionally balanced, wholesome and fit into the JSHealth philosophy."
Jessica Sepel (BHlth, Adv Dip Nutritional Medicine) is a clinical nutritionist, best-selling author and the beloved voice behind JSHealth and @jshealth. Her philosophy is focused around balance, rest and building a healthy relationship with food. Jess is a longstanding advocate of Califia Farms and uses their product range in many of her recipes.
For more details on Califia Farms visit: califiafarms.com.au or head to @califiafarms / #califiafarmsau