We're encouraging Aussie families to 'bake the most of it' on Sunday 10 May by spoiling mum, whether it be by making her breakfast in bed or if you can't be with your mum during this time, have a virtual baking session to make her day special.
The kids will love helping create these pancakes and seeing the colours come to life!
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
2 cups White Wings Self Raising Flour
1/4 cup CSR Caster Sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
2 cups milk
Red food colouring
Canola spray or butter to grease frypan
Berry ripple ice cream
Large strawberries, hulled and halved
CSR Golden Syrup
CSR Soft Icing Mixture
Pink fairy floss
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, vanilla, egg and milk to a smooth consistency.
2. Heat a large fry pan on medium heat and grease with canola spray or butter. Pour enough batter to make four 8cm rounds in the pan. Flip pancakes once bubbles have filled the surface. Remove from heat and keep warm.
3. Add a few drops of red food colouring to the bowl and whisk again. Pour four more pancakes into the pan and keep repeating the process adding a few drops of colouring after each set of four pancakes.
4. Stack the coloured pancakes, lightest to darkest, on each plate.
5. Dust with soft icing mixture, then top with halved strawberries, a scoop of berry ripple ice cream and a large pinch of fairy floss. Serve with golden syrup.