Delicious winter warmer recipe ideas from Australian Eggs - from fast and simple comfort meals to slow and steady recipes that the whole family can get involved with! Recipes include a delicious Salmon and Rice Egg Pie, Mac and Cheese, Twice Baked Cheese Souffles (perfect for a Sunday brunch!), Kedgeree, Egg and Lentil Dahl.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
• 4 eggs
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 1 large onion, finely chopped
• 2 cloves garlic, crushed
• 3 tsp mild curry powder
• 1 ½ cups (250g) basmati rice
• 650ml chicken stock
• Salt and pepper
• 1 cup (120g) frozen peas
• 150g hot smoked salmon, skin removed, flaked
• Chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
• Greek yoghurt and lemon wedges, to serve
1. Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a gentle boil and cook for 5 minutes (medium boiled eggs), or until cooked to your liking. Drain and immerse in cold water. Peel and slice eggs in half.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring for 3 minutes, or until soft. Add curry powder. Cook, stirring for 1 minute, or until fragrant. Stir in rice.
3. Add stock to pan and stir to combine. Simmer gently covered, for 10 minutes. Remove lid. Stir in peas. Cover and cook for a further 3 to 5 minutes, or until rice is tender and peas are cooked. Remove from the heat. Scatter over flaked salmon.
4. Top with eggs. Garnish with chopped parsley. Serve with yoghurt and lemon wedges.