A recipe from Nourishingly Delicious
• 2 cups Califia Farms Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
• 1 lemon juiced
• 1/2 lemon zest
• 1/2 cup coconut sugar
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 1 tsp coconut oil
• 1/2 cup poppy seeds
• 1 cup self raising flour
• 1 cup almond flour
• 1 tsp baking soda
• 1 tsp vinegar
1. In a bowl add together all the wet ingredients - Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk, lemon juiced, lemon zest, olive oil and coconut oil. Mix together well.
2. Add together the baking soda and vinegar (to replace eggs).
3. Fold in the remaining dry ingredients coconut sugar, poppy seeds, almond flour and self raising flour. Mix together until combined with a silky smooth consistency!
4. Heat oven to 185°C.
5. Line an oven safe loaf pan with baking paper and then brush the inside with coconut oil.
6. Add your cake batter to the loaf tin, then add extra poppy seeds to the top.
7. Bake for 20-30 minutes until a skewer comes out clean.
Quotes from Tracey Anderson
"Vegan Lemon Poppy Seed Cake is an absolute favourite in our household. This dairy-free & eggless cake is full of lemon flavour from using fresh lemon juice, lemon zest, AND a tangy vanilla lemon glaze icing made with Califia's Unsweetened Vanilla Almond milk."
"Best part is the ingredients are easy to find in your pantry and it is made in just one bowl so no mess and ready in under 20 - 30 minutes. Califia's Vanilla Almond milk really contributes to the delicious flavour and the soft, creamy and moist texture of this cake."
Tracey Anderson is a food photographer, stylist and recipe creator based in Western Australia. Follow her Instagram here: @nourishinglydelicious
For more details on Califia Farms visit: califiafarms.com.au