A recipe from Sami Bloom and Califia Farms
Makes 15 pikelets
1 cup Califia Farms Unsweetened Vanilla Almond milk
1 cup + 2 tbsp plain flour
2 tbsp ground flaxseeds
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tbsp lemon juice
Coconut oil, to cook
Toppings ¾ cup frozen blueberries
1 tbsp chia seeds
1 tbsp maple syrup
1. Use a sieve to sift flour and baking powder into a medium bowl.
2. Mix in ground flaxseeds. Pour in almond milk, lemon juice and maple syrup and whisk until smooth.
3. Melt coconut oil in a large flat pan over medium heat.
4. After 1-2 mins, pour 1.5 tbsp batter into the pan. Cook for 3 mins before flipping over and cooking the other side for a further 2-3 mins.
5. Repeat until you have used all the batter.
6. At the same time, melt frozen blueberries in a saucepan or microwave. Lightly mash with a fork. Pour blueberry sauce into a ramekin and stir through the maple syrup and chia seeds. Allow to sit for 15 mins (whilst you cook pikelets), in order to thicken.
7. Stack pikelets and dollop with blueberry chia jam and a sprinkle of crushed almonds.
Quotes from Sami Bloom:
"Another tasty, practical addition to your Veganuary menu are these Vanilla Almond Pikelets. Using Califia Farms Unsweetened Vanilla Almond milk which has no added sugar and a hint of vanilla, they're the perfect Sunday morning brunch or even a quick week-day breakfast, because they're freezer-friendly! My daughter loves them too."
Sami Bloom is a plant-based clinical nutritionist, holistic coach, yoga instructor and mum from Sydney. Follow her Instagram here: @samibloom
For more recipes or info about Califia Farms visit: califiafarms.com.au