A recipe from Pop Up Girl
Makes 4 servings
• 2 leeks
• 4 large potatoes
• 1 large onion
• 250 ml water
• 1/4 lemon, juice only
• Salt & pepper
• 250 ml Califia Farms Unsweetened Almond milk
• Sunflower Oil or alternativ plant based oil
1. Cut leeks in thicker rings and wash thoroughly.
2. Peel potatoes and onion. Dice finely.
3. Set a handful of both diced potatoes and leek rings aside as topping.
4. In a large pot heat up oil and braise onion, leek and potatoes.
5. Add water and simmer until potatoes are soft.
6. Add Califia's almond milk and lemon juice and blend until smooth.
7. Meanwhile heat up some oil in a pan and fry the set aside potatoes and leek rings. Season with salt & pepper.
8. Season the potato & leek soup with salt, pepper und nutmeg.
9. Garnish with the fried potato and leek.
Originally from Germany, Catharina Thuemling has appeared on numerous German cooking shows and now lives in Brisbane with her husband. She is a freelance food photographer, stylist and writer. Follow her Instagram here: @popupgirl_food
For more details on Califia Farms visit: califiafarms.com.au