Prep time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
• 2 carrots, diced
• 3 kaffir lime leaves, finely shredded
• 1/4 cup coriander, leaves picked
• 2 green onions, sliced
• 2 tomatoes, cut into small dice
• 1 chicken breast, cooked and shredded (leftover roast chicken is ideal, or you can poach chicken in water until cooked through)
• 4 eggs
• 1 packet (270g) soba noodles (100% buckwheat noodles)
• 1 litre good quality chicken stock (preferably homemade), reduced salt
1. Bring a saucepan of water to the boil and add the eggs. Cook for 6 minutes, remove with a slotted spoon and run under cold water until cool enough to handle. Peel and cut into quarters.
2. Bring the same saucepan of water to the boil again and add the soba noodles. Cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally to ensure they don't clump together. Drain in a colander and run cold water through the noodles to remove excess starch and stop them cooking further and sticking together.
3. Meanwhile, place the chicken stock in a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Steam or microwave the carrot for 3 minutes until tender.
4. Portion the noodles, carrot and shredded chicken into 4 bowls.
5. Pour over the hot stock and then top with Kaffir lime leaves, coriander, tomato, hard boiled eggs and green onion. Serve immediately.