Prep time: 15 minutes, plus chilling and standing time
Cook time: 50-55 minutes
• 1kg cauliflower florets (approx. 1 large cauliflower)
• ⅔ cup (100g) cornflour
• 2 tsp baking powder
• 2 tsp curry powder
• 1 tsp salt
• 250g grated pizza cheese
• 4 eggs
• 1 tbsp each of sunflower and pumpkin seeds
• Poached eggs, avocado and chopped red chilli to serve
1. Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C (fan-forced) and grease and line a large 20cm x 11cm x 9cm (base measurement) loaf tin with baking paper, making sure to leave an overhang on the long sides.
2. Place cauliflower into the bowl of a food processor and process until finely chopped to the size of rice grains. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
3. Sift cornflour, baking powder, curry powder and salt together and add to cauliflower. Mix well. Add cheese and eggs and stir through.
4. Spoon into prepared pan and smooth the top. Sprinkle over seeds and bake 50-55 minutes, or until set and golden and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Stand in tin for 15 minutes. Cover and refrigerate until cold. Cut into thick even slices and serve topped with avocado, poached eggs and chopped chilli.
• Use a gluten free pizza cheese blend for a complete gluten free bread.
• The loaf will slice easier when cold. It may be eaten while still warm, but it will be soft and crumbly.
• Reheat slices in toaster or heat between layers of baking paper in a sandwich press.
• Spread with your favourite lunch toppings for a healthy lunch.
• Use any type of seeds for the top such as sesame and hemp seeds.
• Cauliflower bread will keep for 3-4 days in a sealed container in the refrigerator.