Time to Prepare: 15mins
Time to Cook: 25mins
• 2/3 cup Coconut oil or Olive oil
• 1/2 cup Lakanto Maple Flavoured Syrup
• 50 g Sugar Free Dark Chocolate (70%), broken into pieces
• 250 g (2 cups) Raw Beetroots, grated
• 3 Eggs
• 1 ½ cups Spelt Flour
• 2 tsp Baking Powder
• 5 tbsp Cacao Powder
• a pinch Salt
• 1 tbsp Dried Desiccated Coconut
1. Preheat the oven to 175°C. Grease a muffin tin with oil.
2. Warm the oil in a medium size sauce pan on very low heat. Add maple syrup and chocolate and stir until the chocolate is melted. Remove from heat.
3. Add the grated beets.
4. Whisk the eggs in a small bowl and then add them to the sauce pan.
5. Sift flour, baking powder, cacao powder and salt together and stir into the beet mixture.
6. Bake for 25 minutes or until slightly dark and cracked on top and still a little moist inside.
7. Sprinkle coconut on top and enjoy!