10 Mins Preparation
15 Mins Cooking
• 8 Cleaver's organic lamb loin chops
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 1/4 cup dukkah
• 80g baby salad leaves
• 300g seedless watermelon, rind removed, chopped
• 2 Lebanese cucumbers, roughly chopped
• 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
• Zest and juice of 1 lemon +extra wedges, to serve
• 100g feta cheese, crumbled
• Mint leaves, steamed chat potatoes, to serve
1. Brush lamb with half the oil and sprinkle with dukkah. Season. Heat a char-grill pan or barbecue over medium-high heat and cook chops for 3-4 minutes each side, or until cooked to your liking. Rest on a plate loosely covered in foil for 5 minutes.
2. In a large bowl combine salad leaves, watermelon, cucumber, olives, lemon zest and juice and remaining oil. Season and toss to coat. Top with feta cheese and sprinkle with mint leaves.
3. Serve lamb chops with salad, potatoes and lemon wedges, if desired.
• Lamb cutlets or leg steaks would also work well in this recipe.
• Ensure you rest the lamb to lock in juices and maximise tenderness.
• Dukkah is an Egyptian mix of roasted nuts, seeds and spices blended together – available in the herb and spice aisle of the supermarket.