A recipe from Sami Bloom and Califia Farms
Makes 10 mini tarts
Crust 1.5 cups rolled oats ground to a flour
¾ cup raw almonds
3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
3 tbsp ground flaxseeds
6 medjool dates, pitted
½ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp sea salt
Filling 2.5 bananas
1/2 cup Califia Farms XX Espresso Cold Brew Coffee
3 tbsp arrowroot flour
3 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp almond butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
⅓ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 175 C.
2. In a food processor, blend oats and almonds until flour-like. Pulse in the rest of the dry ingredients.
3. Next, add in coconut oil and dates, blending until a dough forms.
4. Line a muffin tin with liners and press a ping-pong sized amount of crust into it, pushing in at the base and edges to form tarts. Pierce the base with a fork, and cook in the oven for 15 mins.
5. Meanwhile, make the filling by blending everything in a high-speed blender until smooth.
6. Once crusts are ready, fill them with banana espresso mixture. Return to the oven for a further 35-40 minutes. Top with crushed nuts, if desired.
Quotes from Sami Bloom:
"Want to really impress your friends this Veganuary? Try these Espresso Banana Mini Tarts! No barista required thanks to Califia Farms creamy XX Espresso Cold Brew Coffee. They're deceivingly easy to make and sure to encourage others to embrace plant-based cooking!"
Sami Bloom is a plant-based clinical nutritionist, holistic coach, yoga instructor and mum from Sydney. Follow her Instagram here: @samibloom
For more recipes or info about Califia Farms visit: califiafarms.com.au