You and the family can feast on this flavoursome Vegan Split Pea Curry. Loaded with McKenzie's comforting split peas, aromatic cumin seeds and a zing of fresh ginger, this curry certainly packs a punch when it comes to flavour!
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 55 minutes
● 1 tbs light flavoured oil
● 1 onion, finely diced
● 2cm piece ginger, finely grated
● 2 garlic cloves, crushed
● 2 tsp curry powder
● 1 tsp cumin seeds
● 3 cups vegetable stock
● 400g can crushed tomatoes
● 3⁄4 cup McKenzie's Green Split Peas, rinsed
● 1 sweet potato, peeled & diced
● 1⁄2 eggplant, diced
● 1⁄2 green capsicum, diced
● 270ml can coconut milk
● Coriander, green chillies & flatbread, for serving
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan. Add onion, ginger and garlic, cooking over a low heat for 4-5 minutes. Stir in spices and cook for a further minute.
2. Add stock, tomatoes, prepared split peas, sweet potato, eggplant and capsicum. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer partially covered for approx. 45 minutes or until split peas are tender (stirring regularly whilst cooking).
3. Add coconut milk and cook for a further 5 minutes. Serve garnished with coriander, green chillies and flatbread.