By Susie Burrell
Time: 50 minutes | Serves: 24 Mini Cupcakes
1/3 cup Mayver's Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter
1/3 cup maple syrup
1 cup pumpkin puree
¼ cup milk
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp ground ginger
¼ tsp nutmeg
¼ tsp allspice
2 cups wholemeal plain flour
60g light creamed cheese
20g butter, softened
Orange food colouring
12 Pretzel twigs
1. Preheat the oven to 170 degrees C. Grease a 24 mini muffin tray with butter.
2. In a medium bowl, beat together the Mayver's Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter and maple syrup with a whisk, then beat in the eggs. Mix in the pumpkin puree, milk, baking soda, vanilla extract, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice and a pinch of salt.
3. Add the flour and stir through until just mixed, don't over mix.
4. Distribute the mixture between 24 mini muffin holes. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the top is golden and when a bamboo skewer inserted into a cupcake comes out clean.
5. Remove the cupcakes to a wire rack and cool completely.
6. To make the icing, beat together creamed cheese, butter. Add a few drops of food colour and mix, continue to add drops of colour and mixing until you have a pumpkin orange colour.
7. Smear a heaped tablespoon of icing onto cooled cupcake with a butter knife and smooth out. Use the back edge of the knife to create 6 grooves from the middle of the cupcake to make the pumpkin look. Stick a pretzel twig into the middle of each cupcake to make the stalk of the pumpkin.