GIRL.COM.AU GETS UPCLOSE PERSONAL WITH THE G-MAN HIMSELF!In the JULY issue of GIRL, we brought you an interview with radio's 'man of the moment' ANDY GRACE who continues to rein as King of the Nighttime Airwaves. GIRL was so inspired by the last interview, that we decided to pay Andy G a visit in the TTFM studios recently where we conducted a LIVE interview over the airwaves during his countdown show Melbourne's Most Wanted to get an update on what projects he has planned next?Interview:
60 Second Quiz
- Now you're currently working on a new radio and TV show called the NET2NITE. When will Australian audiences be able to hear and see these shows?
Andy G: The shows will be aired towards the end of October.
- And where is it currently being heard at the moment?
The net2nite is currently being heard on about 30 stations in America in places like LA and across the East Coast on a network over there covering cities including New York, Boston and so on.
- Now give us the lowdown on the net2nite.com. What can we expect to find there?
The website is currently being rebuilt because we want it to look fresh and cool. But it will incorporate sound bytes, you will be able to listen to the show, and we introduce brand new technology called webchoice that will actually drive people to the websites we are talking about on air.
- What makes you different from other radio hosts Andy?
Well I guess the fact that I haven't been fired so far. Which is actually a true story. I haven't been fired yet!
- What's the funniest rumour you've heard about yourself?
I don't know - that I have talent?
- You absolutely have talent! Now exactly how tall are you Andy?
I'm 6 foot 7 and three quarters on the old scale which is 200 cm in metric, exactly the same height as basketballer Andrew Gaze.
- So who's your best friend G-man?
- Wow thanks! If you could have any three wishes granted, what would you ask for?
A future where computers won't make humans irrelevant; peace and I wish for enough money in my life where I can be comfortable and stop working so damn hard!
- Now Billie Piper will be in Australia soon. Have you two planned a rendezvous?
Saturday night we're catching up absolutely! (laughs) Then on Sunday I believe we're going to be doing the big in-store promotion at HMV Music in Melbourne. So I want everyone to get down there with posters saying, Billie should get together with Andy G!
- Which cartoon character best sums up your character?
Roadrunner because I am always running a thousand miles an hour! (laughs)
- If you could be a food type, what would you be?
I'd be a sun-dried tomato.
- So word on the street is that you're getting a new hairstyle. What can we expect?
You can firstly expect my mum to probably cut it! (laughs) No, you can actually expect my hair to be cut short, sharp and dyed blonde.
- And just a final question, did you get any action on the weekend?
The answer is NO! I did not get any action I'm afraid! But if you'd like to help me out this weekend, the weekend after, that would be cool!!
- Name: Andy Grace
- Radio Name: Andy G
- D.O.B.: 24/7/1970
- Star Sign: Leo
- Fave Food: Thai Food
- Fave Film: The Matrix
- Describe yourself in 3 words: Getting Old - er
- Best Feature: My Voice
- Worst Feature: Lateness
- Person you would most like to meet: Dalai Lama
- Hobbies/Interests: Internet, listening and playing music, basketball and science
- A talent you wish you had: Picking up chicks!
- The best advice given to you: Never give up!
Complete these sentences: Yesterday I was...... paid!
When I close my eyes I see...money!
for further information- Annemarie Failla & Michelle Palmer
** This interview was recorded LIVE on 4th October 2000 on Melbourne's Most Wanted on 101.1 TTFM **